We’re seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic self-starter to join our Customer Experience (“CX”) team. As the first line of communication with prospective and current customers, you will represent our brand and directly contribute to its growth.
The ideal candidate is a diligent team player with effective communication skills. Your primary responsibility will be to provide customer service and plant care expertise to our customers.
Since our customers will depend on you, intermediate to expert plant knowledge and a love for nature is crucial. You will lead with empathy as you aim to establish meaningful connections and creatively address customer concerns.
This is a part-time, remote role, working in EST with our Operations and CX team. Typical work hours are flexible in 3-4 hour blocks and would occur Monday through Friday between 10AM-4PM EST. Weekly schedules will vary depending on company needs, but the average expectation is 15-20 hours per week. This role reports directly to the Jr. Operations Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively listen to customers and convey empathy to create a personalized and memorable experience with every interaction
- Manage a diverse and high volume queue of inquiries each day in our helpdesk software
- Effectively categorize queries based on severity and importance
- Track customer trends and issues while also communicating these insights to the broader team for appropriate action and troubleshooting
- Create resources and define new guidelines for the future, based on learned experiences
- Maintain and improve response times and helpdesk ratings
Ideal Candidates Have:
- Strong experience in live plants and horticulture (professional or personal). Must have at least intermediate knowledge of plant care/maintenance and must be able to troubleshoot common issues.
- 1-2 years of experience in e-commerce customer service or administrative roles
- Familiarity with marketplace (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Etsy) and helpdesk (e.g., Gorgias, Zendesk) interfaces
- Experience in Gorgias, Shipstation, or Shopify is a plus
- Familiarity with systems such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Discord, and Slack
- Confidence in work environments that are dynamic and fast-paced
- A self-starter ready to go above and beyond for the customer, creating memorable experiences that encourage them to return for more
- Overall consistency, reliability, and attention to detail
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume along with a few sentences about yourself and why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write 'Rooted CX PT 2022' in subject line.
Deadline to apply is May 17th, 2022.
We will try to respond to all emails but apologies ahead of time if we cannot.
Thanks and good luck!